Friday, January 4, 2008

New Blog, New Wood, New Projects!

Well hello there!
Finally moving into my new blog where I can chronicle my little (and big!) projects.
Please excuse the plain look of the blog, its temporary until I can make my own look.

That's enough for the new blog, now onto the wood story. As many of you don't know, my dad and I are in the process of making a 1959 Gibson Les Paul and we ordered the body blank today!! A solid piece of mahogany too! It will be pretty I'm sure. Anyway, we got it from the lovely StewMac online store. Check back for photos and the build log!

My side project...
This one won't be my foremost concern, that will be the guitar, but after modding the plans for a MintAmp to work with a guitar (replacing 1/8" jacks with 1/4" as well as removing the output jack and replacing it with a 2.5" 8-ohm speaker) I found I enjoy the thrill of amp building! After seeing Joe Popps JCM800 2204 Build I was completely inspired! Alas... I must start small, with a little 1.5 watt amp! Still thinking of a name, and may possibly look to start selling kits or something if I like how it all goes. Any suggestions on a name for the amp or my "company" (i.e. Marshall, Line 6, etc.) name that will go on the amp are greatly appreciated!


Happy Shredding,
The Power Chord Addict

No comments: